Since the dawn of 2020, it has become very clear that ‘Health is our only Wealth’. The onslaught of the virus has shown us why it is not necessary, but rather mandatory for us to take care of ourselves.
Now if we talk about making a healthy shift, the laymen’s advice would be to just exercise and cut out on all fatty items. In fact over the years, fats as a dietary element have been viewed from an infamous lens. It has been associated with several diseases and common perception has developed to avoid them at all costs. But did you know this is an absolute myth?
Yes, my friend, you heard that right. Healthy Fats are an essential component of our diet and have a pivotal role to play in the healthy functioning of our body. They promote cell growth, protect our organs and control our cholesterol and blood pressure levels. This is why diet trends like that of ketogenic diets promote the intake of healthy fats and try to lower our intake of carbs.
What is a Ketogenic Diet?
To put it simply, ketogenic diets are low-carb high-fat diets that put our bodies into the metabolic state of ketosis. In this state, our body is extremely effective in burning fats to provide us with energy. Research has proven that ketogenic diets have many benefits. Some of these include significant reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels, heart disease, cancer, PCOS, etc.
Some good sources of healthy fats in ketogenic diets are ghee, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, nuts, etc. Ghee which is considered as a super-food now is a must-have if you are opting for a keto diet anytime.
The wonders of Ghee
When it comes to planning out your Keto Diet, one item you cannot miss out on is Ghe, especially Gir Cow Ghee. Ghee is one of the best forms of fat when it comes to Keto. A household ingredient in India, today Ghee has become a must-have for every health-conscious individual.
Why? This is because ghee has a higher concentration of unsaturated and saturated fats (the good fats) and 25% of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). MCTs are very beneficial as they aid weight loss, boost energy, improve cognitive functioning and reduce chances of heart attack, diabetes, etc. It also is filled with vitamin A D, E and K along with a higher percentage of burayate acid- very crucial for ketosis as it boosts metabolism and improves gut health. So instead of purchasing your regular ghee, opt for gir cow ghees- as the latter is the best desi ghee in India.
Six Gir Cow Ghee Recipes for your Keto Diets
Now that you know the immense benefits of Ghee, you must be wondering how to include ghee in your diet. This blog is all that you need then, as we will be listing some lip-smacking recipes which will please your health along with your tastebuds. So make no more delays and jot them down asap
1. Keto Chicken Tikkis
We all love tikkis, don’t we? So for here is the recipe for your next evening snack but with a healthy twist-
- Take 1 cup of minced chicken, 1 tsp green chillies, strands of coriander leaves and 1 tsp tbsp ginger-garlic paste. Mix all of these ingredients. Then add 3 tbsp rice/nut flour followed by 1 egg, 1 tsp cumin powder and 1 tsp garam masala.
- In the next step give them the shape of dough and heat some gir cow ghee, which is the best desi ghee in a pan. Once heated, shape this mix into tikkis.
- Shallow fry them until golden and crisp. And you are done with a healthy yet delicious snack.
2. Keto Masala Omelette
Omelettes are a favourite of many. And the good news is that they find a nod in ketogenic diets too. This is because eggs are another powerhouse of nutrients. So it becomes obvious why you should include them in your diet.
- For your keto omelette, beat 2 eggs, salt, 1 tsp chilli powder,1 tsp turmeric powder,1 onion and green chilli.
- Next heat your pan with a spoonful of gir cow ghee. Once the ghee is heated, spread your omelette till it’s golden and properly cooked.
Voila, your masala omelette in keto style is ready!
3. Keto Roasted Vegetables
We’ve been told by our grandmothers and mothers to include greens in our diets. And science proves that too. Vegetables are filled with vitamins and minerals, which is why they should be mandatorily included in every meal. One fun way to include them is to saute them and add them to your meal.
- To make roasted vegetables; chop mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, bell pepper, onions and zucchini.
- Now add a spoonful of melted ghee along with salt, pepper. Toss them well till the ingredients are well coated with ghee, salt and pepper.
- Take a baking tray and put some parchment paper on it. Now place your tossed vegetables and bake them for about 25 mins
- Once ready, sprinkle some roasted almonds and you have a wholesome meal ready.
4. Ketto Ghee Chocolate
If you are all about chocolates, you get to include them in your keto diet too. How? By following these super simple homemade ghee chocolates. Unbelievable right!
- Add ghee and cocoa powder in a bowl in a 1:1 ratio. Next, add a keto sweetener ( stevia) as desired. Mix them properly and make sure you don’t let any drops of water fall into your mix.
- Pour your mix into the chocolate moulds and put them in the refrigerator for 30 mins to set. Thank you later!!
5. Keto Roasted Shrimps
Another non-veg delicacy to add to your keto meals is shrimp. Shrimps are a great keto element as they are low on carbs and high on proteins. Following are its steps
- Pour 2 spoonfuls of gir cow ghee, which is the best desi ghee online into the pan and let the pan get heated
- Add chopped onions and stir fry them in the pan for a few minutes. Next add 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp of red-chilli, 1 tsp garam masala and let them saute for two minutes.
- Next add the 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp chilli paste, vinegar, some salt and cook for some minutes
- In the last step add the shrimps along with some more salt. Saute them well for a few minutes until the shrimps are well-cooked. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
6. Bulletproof Coffee
We’ve some good news for all the coffee lovers out there. We present you with the bulletproof coffee. As the very name suggests, this coffee does wonders for your health along with serving your tastebuds.
- Add almond milk, ginger and cinnamon powder to a pan and let it boil in low/medium flame. Make sure that milk gets heated enough but does not boil.
- In a cup, brew your coffee and add some sweetener along with ghee to it. Stir well to dissolve the sweetener and the ghee.
- Lastly, add the golden milk mixture heated in the pan in a very slow manner. Blend well to ensure there are no lumps and forms into a froth. Serve hot.
Now that you know these healthy yet delicious recipes, you must be wondering if you could find the best desi ghee! Worry not, as Two Brothers Organic Farm is all there to serve you. Certified by Ecocert our products are 100% organic and are fully sustainable in their process- so we can look after your health along with that of our planet.
At TBOF, our Gir Cow Ghee is 100% organic in produce and sourced from the pure breed of gir cow. Thus our ghee products are renowned as the best desi ghee in India
Buy our exclusive best desi ghee online and give yourself the goodness of nature!