The Great Indian Palash Tree
Is in full bloom and the flowers are a gorgeous shade of orange. In North and Central India, winter is slowly transitioning into spring and the landscape couldn’t be any prettier. A riot of stunning native blooms, heightened bee and butterfly activity and the new green of leaves unfurling, turning their tips up skyward is most welcoming to the eyes.
Springtime is when we get to witness nature’s miracles in an even more elaborate drama. It’s no coincidence then that the festival of holi is also celebrated around this time of year. Its significance is steeped in Hindu mythology and the celebration took cue from the happenings in nature during this season.
Traditional Way of Making Colours
These are also part of the colourful display of fun.
Present Scenario for Holi Colours
- Today the colours are lined up, prepared and ready , in conical heaps guaranteed to attract our attention.
- The colour palette can rival that of a shade card from a paint brand with its psychedelic hues and sea of shades.
- The pinks cannot get any pinker
- The yellows rise to a shade of neon that is blinding.
What price can justify the voluntary choice we make of subjecting our body to chemicals so dangerous that we could end up losing even our lives .It is nothing short of ironic that we celebrate the destruction of Holika who wanted to destroy good and in the process we are subjecting ourselves and the Earth to destruction by playing with harmful chemical powders in place of what nature so willingly offers us.
Is Your Holi Colour Safe For Your Skin?
- The human skin which is the largest skin organ is not merely a sheath which covers the skeletal and muscular system.
- It is a complex organ which contains nerve endings and also produces secretions which protect the body from external damage like temperature fluctuations, bacteria and chemicals.
- By using harsh substances in the name of fun we are stripping this sensitive organ of its defences and allowing dangerous substances to seep in which can be a real threat to internal organs and easily give rise to certain types of cancers.
- There is simply no need to support an industry which has no conscience in sacrificing human health for monetary gain.
Indian Kitchen and its Wisdom
- Our home kitchens are capable of providing the most glorious colours which can add to the merriment of playing holi.
- The yellow (Turmeric) which adds fragrance, antioxidants and vibrancy to our food is just as much a winner when flung from eager fingers in celebration.
- The green of moringa powder, a reminder of all that Mother Earth grants us. Dried rose petals ,oh what a beautiful shade of pink.
- Hibiscus powder is more than a pretty red herbal tea,it’s a natural blush that will add more meaning to the holi games.
There are many advantages of Natural & Safe Colours
- One doesn’t have to worry about oiling the hair
- Covering the nails with polish in fear of chemical colours seeping in and causing debilitating skin ailments.
According to Dermatologists all irreversible damage that happens while playing with chemical colours can be saved.Safeguarding all the post festival maladies dreads which range from itchy and irritable skin, strong blotches and rashes, rotting nails and falling clumps of hai.
It is only right that we choose alternatives wherever possible to live in alignment with the environment.
As the sky reflects the blue of the approaching summer season,the tufts of white clouds get smaller with the rising temperatures,it is time to indulge in cool tumblers of thandai, aam panna, lassi and nimbu paani.
The white kurtas are slipped over the head, the lace edged saree pallu is tucked into the waist and dupattas are knotted tightly in anticipation of a rainbow splattered day.
Let Holi 2023 dawn with the understanding of truly celebrating the good that we are blessed with; health , environment, family,success , relationships and not allow any of that to be spoiled by the lure of the bright which are nothing but evil clothed in the garb of innocence. Let us banish chemical colours and ensure that it is powerless in endangering our existence.
Shop For Holi Colours - https://twobrothersindiashop.com/products/holi-colours-pack-of-3
Shop For Our Lovely Holi Celebration Box - https://twobrothersindiashop.com/products/holi-celebration-box