Konkan Red Rice, Unpolished 1kgRegular price Rs. 205.00
MRP (Incl. of all taxes)
124 in stock
Sourced from tribals in the Sahyadri mountains. Nutrient dense whole grain rice with the hull,bran layer and cereal germ intact
Unprocessed red rice
Benefits of Red Rice
- Rich in anthocyanins which give red colour to food and is highly nutritious
- It has medicinal benefits
- Contains iron and zinc
- The konkan red rice is nutritious and strengthens the body
- Ideal for children , elders,lactating mothers
- Aids recovery from fever or body weakness
How to Use Red Rice
- The konkan red rice is popular along the Konkan coast where it is cooked like a soupy porridge. It works well for a light meal at any time of day.
- It can be made both savoury as well as with sweet flavours.
- This rice has a nice texture and is good for making a light kheer or payasam.
- It can also be made into a simple khichdi.
- It is a delicious rice option for fermenting to make the idli and dosa batter. It gives a slight reddish hue to the crisp dosa.
How to Store Red Rice
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
It requires soaking time of about 4-5 hours before cooking.Native ingredient,not refined or polished. This product contains no additives.It is 100% natural.
Q - Is this Rice Gluten free?
A - Yes, it is Gluten free.
Q - What is the shelf life of this Rice?
A - It is good before 12 months from the date of packaging