Choosing a diet plan is one thing, but sticking to it is completely different. A diet plan comes with guidelines: what to eat and what not to eat. Moreover, it is a battle to decide which food is working for you and which is not.
The same is happening with the Keto diet as well. Since this diet focuses more on fats, there’s always a debate over which fat is better to eat on a keto diet. You may have also heard about the use of A2 ghee in the keto diet and how it is helping people lose weight.
We are going to delve more into grass-fed A2 ghee for the keto diet and some interesting ways to use it effectively. So, you can also use A2 ghee for weight loss.
Before that, let’s start with what a keto diet plan is.
Table of Contents
Did You Know?
While on a keto diet, an adult has to consume 70 to 80% fat, 5 to 10% carbohydrates, and only 10 to 20% protein of their daily total calorie intake. While other diet plans recommend a high protein, high fibre diet, and low-fat diet, keto has grabbed everyone's attention with its low-carb and high-fat diet plans.
What is a Keto Diet Plan?
The Keto diet is a weight loss plan where the body is forced to cut back on carbohydrates and fibre, and only consume fat and a moderate amount of protein. So that your body, instead of burning carbs, burns fat to generate energy. This process of burning fat to yield energy is called ketosis, and the energy molecules are called ketones.
Keto diet replaces carbohydrates with healthy fats. These healthy fats form the majority portion of this diet plan, which is 80% of the total calorie intake every day. And it must be chosen wisely for this diet to succeed. Because consuming unhealthy fats in large amounts can cause severe health complications over time.
So, what kind of fat should you consume on a keto diet?
Fats that have more unsaturated fat are good for keto. These fats do not increase the LDL, or bad cholesterol, like saturated fats, but help reduce them.
A few examples of such good fats are A2 ghee, olive oil, avocado, nuts and nut butter, chia and flax seeds, fatty fish like salmon and other seafood, eggs, etc.
There is a debate that since ghee is a dairy product and dairy isn’t keto-friendly, how can ghee be keto-friendly? To answer that, let's move on to the next section.
Is Ghee Keto-Friendly?
Yes, ghee is a keto-friendly fat, despite being a dairy product. It is also one of the best fats you can consume while on a keto diet.
Ghee is made by clarifying butter, during which the two major constituents of dairy are removed. They are casein and lactose. Casein is the protein present in butter, and lactose is primarily milk sugar. Both of these are not found in ghee, making it a keto-friendly fat.
This also makes ghee beneficial for people with casein allergies and lactose intolerance.
However, the debate on ghee doesn’t end here. There is one more question that's asked by people following keto, and that is– which ghee is best for keto? Let’s find out!
The Best Ghee For Keto is A2 Ghee!
One of the prime reasons why A2 ghee is best amongst all ghee is the presence of A2 protein instead of A1.
A1 type of protein is also found in the milk of hybrid cows, which are commercially used to give large amounts of milk. This protein is considered a genetic mutation and is difficult to digest. That’s why many people who don’t have lactose intolerance find it difficult to digest their regular dairy milk. A1 protein can cause abdominal pain, acidity, constipation, etc.
While A2 protein is the naturally occurring unmutated form of protein. It is easy and light on the stomach and is fit for people who are on keto. Even those who are lactose intolerant can enjoy the perks of ghee made from A2 cow’s milk.
That’s why A2 ghee made from the natural breeds of cows—Gir, Sahiwal, etc are preferred by everyone.
More on how A2 ghee helps in the keto diet plan is shared below.
How Does A2 Cow Ghee Help in a Keto Diet Plan to Lose Weight?
Here are 8 reasons that indicate how A2 ghee helps in a keto diet to lose weight.
1. A2 ghee does not stimulate insulin, and that is because it is pure fat. Which triggers the liver to take charge, break down fat, and help the body to go into ketosis.
2. A2 ghee decreases your appetite by keeping you full for longer hours and helping you fast for longer hours.
3. A2 ghee contains the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, omega-3, and 9 fatty acids. This also ensures that there isn’t any deficiency of these, which is a very common problem when you exclude dairy from your diet.
4. It is more easily digested than other varieties of fat. This helps in the faster transition to ketosis, or fat burning.
5. It is made of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) which are easily broken down by the liver into ketones to be used as energy.
6. A2 ghee consists of short-chain fatty acids. These are good for maintaining a healthy gut.
7. A2 ghee has Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) which is anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, and anti-carcinogenic. Thus, it strengthens immunity even when you don’t consume fruits.
8. It also enhances the flavours of your meal, and when on a diet it is a major requirement to eat food that tastes good, to ward off the cravings.
These 8 reasons why you should use A2 ghee in keto must have cleared your doubts. With that done, it’s time to see how you can use it to make your keto diet more effective.
Keto Friendly A2 Ghee Recipe
Ghee can help you enhance the flavour of your keto diet meals. To add on, here are two fun ways of including ghee in your keto diet.
Bulletproof Coffee or Ghee Coffee
Bulletproof coffee is a simple recipe and is good for everyone, even those who are not dieting and want to shed some weight. To make it, follow these steps.
- Take a cup of water and boil it.
- Add instant coffee and boil for another minute.
- Take it off the flame and add A2 milk or almond or coconut milk, based on your preference. You can have it black as well.
- Take one spoonful of melted A2 cow ghee and add it to the coffee.
- Stir it, serve it in a cup, and enjoy!
Start your day with a ghee coffee to stay full for two to three hours easily.
Ghee Paneer Roast
Another simple recipe is paneer. This is also a quick recipe and doesn’t need much preparation.
To make Ghee Paneer Roast take the following steps.
- Take some paneer and cut it into small cubes.
- Take a pan and heat it on medium-high heat. Spread some ghee on the pan and reduce the flame to low.
- Add turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, and finely chopped chillies (everything as per taste) to the pan and mix it.
- Add the paneer cubes and sauté them for a few minutes till they are nicely brown on all sides.
- Sprinkle some salt and chat masala, and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it and enjoy it as it is or with other dishes.
FAQs: A2 Ghee for Keto Diet: How to Use It Effectively
How many carbs are in ghee?
Ghee doesn’t contain any carbohydrates. It is a pure form of fat, one of the best fats to consume in the keto diet.
Does ghee detox the body?
Yes, consuming ghee helps detoxify the body. It helps in regulating bowel movement and relieving constipation, which is a common issue of depositing undigested food and toxins in the gut. Ghee also improves fat digestion and regulates acidity in the stomach.
Does ghee spike sugar?
No, ghee doesn’t spike blood glucose levels, as it does not have any carbohydrates or sugar to trigger insulin secretion. However, consuming it in high amounts may cause insulin resistance. So, it should be consumed in a controlled manner.
Following the keto diet is not easy. It doesn’t allow you to eat carbohydrates, which is the main nutrient in all delicious meals, right? Moreover, no sugar, not even fruits. Still, if you are following this diet and are adamant about losing that stubborn fat, ghee is going to help you.
Just like the saying “diamond cuts diamond”, if used wisely, you can use ghee to become fitter and not fatter.
We hope this blog, “A2 Ghee for Keto Diet: How to Use It Effectively” helps you understand that consuming A2 cow ghee won’t take you off the keto diet. Instead, it will help you lose some weight without making you weak and will keep you healthy.
As a reminder, make sure that the A2 cow ghee you are using is organic and made from grass-fed cow’s milk using the cultured method.Here at Two Brothers Organic Farms, we take the utmost care to ensure our Gir cows are freely grazing and are healthy. You can buy our range of products and A2 cow ghee from anywhere. Hurry, buy before the stocks run out!