What comes to mind when you hear the word, "coconut oil"-beaches, skincare, head massages?
Well, there's so much more to this oil than massages and beauty rituals! Its true charm lies in the way it can transform your cooking. From sautéing fresh vegetables to creating delectable desserts, coconut oil is your secret weapon for tempting flavours and incredible aromas.
Using coconut oil for recipes recipes this summer will help you see the versatile side of coconut oil in both sweet and savoury courses and hopefully inspire you to try cooking with wood-pressed coconut oil.
Wood-pressed coconut oil has a high smoke point, delicious flavour, and is ideal for all sorts of cooking methods– deep frying, baking, tempering, shallow frying, etc.
Why wait any further? Let's begin!
Table of Contents
5 Easy And Trendy Coconut Oil Recipes
To ease your culinary journey, we have gathered a few intriguing coconut oil recipes that will clear the air around the place of this beautiful aromatic oil in your kitchen. The traditionally featured recipes of coconut oil: aviyal, adai dosa, bebinca, coconut rice, and coconut curry, etc-have been part of southern India for ages.
However, we have lined up a unique selection where you can easily use of coconut oil for recipes. Take a look!
- Coconut Oil Coffee – Try Out This Trendy Affair!
You must have heard about this trend of adding coconut oil to coffee. Surprisingly, it's a healthy movement! Adding coconut oil to coffee makes it healthier. All you've got to do is brew your coffee as you usually do. Then, add a spoonful of coconut oil to your hot coffee. That’s it!
Moreover, you can customise your coffee as per your taste by increasing or decreasing the amount of coconut oil. Isn’t it interesting?
So, that was your hot beverage coconut oil recipe. Let’s move on to some dessert.
- Coconut Oil Fudge – A Healthy Dessert Alternative
What’s better than a moist, silky fudge that’s delicious and healthy too to satisfy a sweet tooth? Someone who loves the tropical flavour of coconut oil can easily substitute regular oil with wood-pressed coconut oil in baking recipes. Let’s see the recipe now.
The ingredients you need for making wood-pressed coconut oil fudge are:
- Peanut butter – 1 cup
- wood-pressed coconut oil – ¼ cup
- Rock salt or sea salt – ⅛ tsp
- Vanilla – ½ tsp
- Maple syrup or honey – just a drizzle on top
- Some chocolate chips: dark or mild, as per your taste
Alright, let’s see the recipe now!
- Take a pan and add peanut butter, coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix everything gently over medium heat until it becomes smooth and glossy.
- Take a loaf pan and line it with butter or parchment paper. Now, pour in the mixture and spread it evenly across the pan.
- Now, take a bowl and heat chocolate chips with coconut oil. You can microwave it too, just until the mixture is runny.
- Pour it over the fudge.
- Here’s the part where you get creative! Take a toothpick or fork and make patterns on the fudge.
- Now, store the fudge in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes and wait for it to set.
- Take it out and cut it into slices or shapes as per your liking.
Indulge in this healthy dessert that’s packed with good fats, protein, and antioxidants.
Enough sweet already! We are sure you are craving some savoury delights by now.
- Coconut Oil Mayonnaise – For Your Sandwiches and Wraps
Don’t you love the taste and texture of mayonnaise? It takes the taste of a simple sandwich and rolls to a notch. When used as dips, your nachos become more delicious, and when used in salads: the veggies shine!
Store-bought mayonnaise is an easy option, but homemade coconut oil mayonnaise will let you have guilt-free treats. Moreover, you can whip up fresh coconut oil mayonnaise in 10 minutes!
All you need is coconut oil, eggs, lemon juice, and some mustard. Blend all these ingredients, except the coconut oil, at a very low setting. Add coconut oil slowly while the mixture is blending. Look for the right consistency and taste. That’s it, your homemade coconut oil mayo is ready.
- Coconut Oil and Banana Bread
This coconut oil and banana bread recipe only takes 15 minutes of preparation time. Imagine having a friend over for tea and serving them freshly baked banana bread. Your chit-chat will become sweeter and more relaxing. So, get ready to include this coconut oil recipe for summer in your diary.
Things you need to bake coconut oil- banana bread are:
- Coconut oil – 125 g,
- Ripen bananas– 2 to 3 medium size
- Eggs– 3
- Caster sugar or brown sugar or jaggery 125 g or as per taste
- Yoghurt – 2 tbsp
- Flour – 200g
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Elaichi or green cardamom pods – 8 to 10 (as per taste)
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius and grease your bakeware beforehand to ease up the process.
- Prepare the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately.
- For wet ingredients – mash the ripped banana and mix it with coconut oil, eggs, and yoghurt.
- For dry ingredients – sieve through flour, baking powder, salt and cardamom powder in a large bowl.
- Now, add the dry ingredients and mix them with the wet ingredients gently to avoid lumps.
- Pour the smooth cake mix into the greased baking dish and bake it for an hour.
- Do the skewer test to check if it’s cooked.
The slightly warm banana-coconut oil bread tastes yummy and goes well with tea and coffee. You know, even kids love it as their mid-meal snack.
Here's a fun tip: Use this recipe to bake muffins. Top it with chocolate chips for more fun.
You are craving some savoury flavours again? Fret not, the next dish in line with coconut oil recipes for summer 2023 is sweet, tangy and can be cooked in a jiffy. A total saviour!
- Coconut Oil and Tamarind Rice or Puliyogare
Coconut clubbed with tamarind, rice, peanuts, and spices is a treat for you and your family's dinners or lunches. The best part is that it is rich in antioxidants, easily digestible, and quick to cook.
All you need are pre-cooked rice and veggies of your choice. Just temper the spices in coconut oil and add the veggies. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the tamarind and your usual Puliyogare spice mix. After a few minutes, add the rice and stir-fry it for a few minutes.
Serve it hot as it is, or you can add some freshly crushed coconut on the side as a fresh element
That’s all! Coconut Oil and tamarind rice hardly take 30 minutes to make, and they are loved by people of all ages.
FAQ: Coconut Oil For Recipes
Is coconut oil good in summer?
Coconut oil has a cooling tendency and can be used in summer. Use coconut oil for recipes this summer to cook healthier food or on skin and hair topically; it is great both ways. Read more about the health benefits of coconut oil here.
Can I use coconut oil for cooking recipes with every day?
Southern states of India have been using coconut oil for recipes in their regular cooking for ages. It is an essential oil among the various cooking oils used in cooking. Include it in your cooking along with other oils like groundnut, mustard, and safflower to get the benefits of other oils too.
What can I fry in coconut oil?
There are so many things you can fry in coconut oil. For instance: banana chips, french fries, fish, onion rings, pooris, kachoris, doughnuts, etc.
Does coconut oil expire?
The usual shelf life of wood-pressed coconut oil is 6 months from the date of packaging. Coconut oil should be stored in a cool, dark place, away from sunlight to last longer.
Over the years, food has evolved and been given a new face and flavour by culinary artists. Today, we hope you got to look at healthy yet tasty versions of coconut oil recipes for summer and how coconut oil is enriching the culinary world with its flavour.
So, which one of the dishes has stimulated your senses: coconut oil banana bread, coffee, mayo, or tamarind rice?
Do try out good quality wood-pressed coconut oil in your cooking and share your experience with us.
Also, since we have shown you various ways to use coconut oil for recipes, let us also help you find one!
To start your adventure, make sure to explore the remarkable wood-pressed coconut oil from Two Brothers. With its exceptional quality and pure goodness, it's the ideal choice to enhance your cooking experience !
Read More :