Two Brothers Organic Jaggery, Sugarcane Jaggery Online
Following a strict diet is an arduous journey, and many people have a solid aversion to strict diet plans because they have to ditch all types of desserts. This is a real challenge, especially for those who have a sweet tooth and can't let a single day pass without having at least one dessert.
But staying healthy and cutting down on sugar doesn't mean that you have to suppress your sweet tooth, as jaggery is here to fulfill your craving for desserts without pushing you away from your diet plan.
Nowadays, people are ditching the artificial sweetener marketed as a safe product for even diabetic patients, and they have started trusting jaggery. Instead of filling your body with sugar, jaggery offers many health benefits, and many jaggery-based dessert recipes have still not been explored by many people.
So, look at some of the health benefits of jaggery and unravel the best jaggery recipes in this blog post.
What are the health benefits of consuming organic Jaggery?
No more iron deficiency
Two Brothers organic jaggery is considered one of the best sources of iron essential for the production of hemoglobin in the body. If a woman starts eating jaggery daily, she can easily deal with PMS symptoms, including abdominal pain, cramps, and even mood swings.
Even if you are dealing with anemia, you can start consuming jaggery daily to fulfill your daily iron requirement.
Five organic jaggery recipes you must try in the winter season.
Gur Ke Chawal
- Put three tablespoons of ghee in a pan and heat it. Then add a 1-inch stick of black cinnamon, three black cardamoms, two cloves, four tablespoons of finely chopped cashew nuts, and two tablespoons of almonds. Saute everything till light brown.
- Add 1 cup of Two Brothers organic jaggery, 1 cup of milk, a few strands of saffron, and bring the whole mixture to boil. Make sure to keep stirring the mixture continuously.
- Finally, drain and add rice, mix well and let it cook for around 8-10 minutes. Lower the heat, cook for another 4-5 minutes and then serve it hot without worrying about your diet plan.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan, add ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds and cook it until they start crackling. Then add semolina to the pan and keep sauteing it until it turns brown. Make sure to maintain medium flame; otherwise, you will burn the semolina.
- Use another pan and heat 2 cups of water in it. When the water starts boiling, add ½ cup of organic jaggery in the water. Keep the flame on medium and cook the water-jaggery mixture until it thickens.
- Now pour the jaggery syrup into the cooked semolina. Cook everything for at least two minutes, and then add the milk and saffron. When the halwa starts thickening, you should add nuts and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve it hot.
- Heat a pan and then add 1 cup of milk to it. Bring the milk to boil and add 3 cups of Two Brother's organic jaggery. Let the jaggery completely dissolve in the milk on a low flame.
- Take 1 cup of wheat flour and mix ⅛ cup of baking soda and salt in it.
- Add the dissolved jaggery to the wheat flour and make a dough of it by adding more milk and ghee as per requirement.
- Now make small balls of the dough and roll them into round shapes for making chapatis.
- Cook the chapatis on a pan on low flame and spread ghee all over the chapatis for sprucing up the taste.
Peanut Gur Chikki
- Take a pan and start melting gur in by adding a little water. You don't need to add too much water as then you will not be able to harden it when it cools down.
- Add roasted peanuts in it when the gur is appropriately melted and has turned light brown.
- Mix everything while it is still on flame.
- Take the mixture out of the flame and then pour it in a thali.
- Even the surface of the gur-peanut mixture with the help of a spatula and let it cool down.
- This unique recipe can be enjoyed for more than four months as it can be stored for a very long time.
- Start with melting the gur in a pan and water, but make sure that the flame is not high as this might burn the gur. Keep stirring the gur until it completely melts down, and then start adding the grated coconut.
- You will also have to ensure that the quantity of the gur and its consistency is enough to make ladoos.
- Take the mixture out of the pan when it is still hot, and then start making balls by taking small portions.
- Ensure your hands are properly greased with oil.
- After making ladoos, you can store them for one to three months.
Why should you cut back on sugar and replace it with Jaggery?
On one hand, sugar doesn't offer any health benefit to the body, and is only consumed for taste; The other food items that you eat are enough to fulfill your daily energy needs obtained from sugar.
While on the other side, gur offers many health benefits, and it is also good to fulfill your sweet cravings. Gur provides a lot, from increasing metabolism and being full of minerals to improving blood and digestion.
Gur offers a long list of benefits, and it is considered the perfect replacement for sugar. So even when you are following a strict diet, it doesn't mean that you have to ditch your sweet craving as even while following a diet, gur can be your savior.
And if you are planning on buying pure and organic gur, you can purchase pure gur from Two Brothers without any second thoughts as they sell organic and pure gur without any adulteration.