In addition to the cultivated greens , our country is home to a wide variety of wild greens like purslane, brahmi, amaranthus campestris ,black nightshade etc… Many of these wild greens are tasty and can be easily added to emmer flour for a wholesome paratha lunch.
Here’s a simple recipe which pairs purslane greens roti with brahmi ghee.
Paratha with native greens
Khapli atta- 2 C
Greens- 2 C chopped fine
Dhania powder-1 tsp
Jeera powder-½ tsp
Turmeric powder-½ tsp
Red chilli powder-1 tsp
Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
Toasted white sesame seeds- 1 Tbsp
A2 cold butter-1/4 C
Hot water for making dough-1 C
Salt to taste
1. Spoon the flour into a wide mixing bowl. Add the spice powders and salt and mix well.
2. Add the butter and mix in with the fingertips until the flour resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add the chopped greens and mix well.
4. Add the hot water a spoon at a time and make a nice soft dough. It should not be sticky or dry.
5. Cover and let it rest for 1 hour.
6. After an hour, remove the lid and separate the dough into small balls.
7. Roll out the paratha and cook on a hot tava.Cook on both sides until puffed up.Set aside.
8. Add generous dollops of brahmi ghee on the hot paratha before serving.
Shop for Brahmi Ghee - https://twobrothersindiashop.com/products/brahmi-ghee-a2-cultured-250-gms
Shop for Khapli Atta - https://twobrothersindiashop.com/products/khapli-emmer-long-wheat-atta-stoneground-2kg
Shop for Turmeric Powder -https://twobrothersindiashop.com/products/khapli-emmer-long-wheat-atta-stoneground-2kg
Shop for All Products - https://twobrothersindiashop.com/collections/all