Honey is not just added to desserts or any other dish just for its sweetness; its unique flavours and health benefits make it a much more balanced sweetener than refined sugar.
Honey stimulates enzymes and enhances your metabolism, making your stomach and gut ready to digest and absorb food’s nutrients well. It boosts immunity, prevents headaches, seasonal flu, sore throat, etc. Including natural honey in your diet will help you maintain good health.
Here is a collection of 8 honey recipes you should try to include in your everyday life. They are fun, quick to make, and party-pleasers. Get ready to make some interesting drinks, appetisers and dessert honey recipes.
Table of Contents
Honey Drinks To Energise You!
Gone are the days when people only liked tea and coffee. It is a good change. Nothing can beat the joy of enjoying a good, hearty conversation over a healthy, delicious drink, right?
If you are looking for some healthy honey recipes for drinks, check these out!
Honey Banana Smoothie
Honey Banana Smoothie is a hit among children. The flavour of honey gives this smoothie a richness that can’t be achieved with regular sugar.
- To make this quick smoothie, you will need: Bananas, chilled milk, soaked almonds, cream (optional), and natural honey.
- Then, blend all the ingredients and serve them in a tall glass. You can also add peanut butter to make it more nutritious.
Not a fan of smoothies? No problem! Check out the next recipe; it’s perfect for you!
Honey-Citrus Iced Tea
Honey-Citrus Iced Tea will fill your hot summer evenings with cool vibes. Welcome your guests with this refreshing drink and earn their praise.
To make Honey-Citrus Iced Tea you will need: A few tea bags, boiling water, orange slices (optional), 2 lemons, orange juice, 1/4 cup lemon juice, honey, ginger ale, and ice cubes.
- To make Honey-Citrus Iced Tea, put a few tea bags in boiling water and cover them with a lid for 4-5 minutes. Then, discard the tea bags and transfer the tea to a bottle or a pitcher.
- Peel the oranges and lemons and add them to the tea. Add orange juice, lemon juice, and honey to the tea. Stir it well and refrigerate it for a few hours.
- Before serving, strain the tea and add chilled ginger ale to the tea. Stir and serve it with ice.
It is a perfect drink for those who are always looking for unique mocktails. Well, the next honey recipe is even healthier.
Honey-Chia Energy Drink
This is the healthiest honey drink you will ever come across. It can be made in just 2 minutes, and you can prepare it beforehand.
- Here’s what you will need to make Honey-Chia Energy Drink: Chia seeds, honey, and lemon juice.
- To make the Honey-Chia Energy Drink, in a big jar, add water, Chia seeds, honey, and lemon juice. Mix everything well and refrigerate it for one or two hours. That’s it!
- The Chia seeds will swell up in an hour, and the drink will have the flavours of honey and lemon with a touch of Chia seed.
All you have to do is stir the mixture and serve it in some cool glasses. Enjoy!
Let’s move on to some honey recipes for scrumptious, savoury delights.
Honey Appetisers That Are Hard To Resist!
You can’t serve drinks without snacks, can you? So, here are a few appetisers that are perfect to accompany any drink or beverage. Check them out.
Honey Chilli Potatoes
Honey Chilli Potatoes are a crowd-pleaser everywhere. They are crunchy, spicy, sweet, and sour- a complex mix of flavours. It would be nice if you could make them at home, right? Well, you sure can!
Here’s what you will need to make Honey Chilli Potatoes at home:
For potato wedges:
For Honey Chilli Potatoes:
To make Honey Chilli Potato follow these instructions:
- Take the potato wedges and boil them in water for 2 minutes. Then drain the water and let them cool down. Now, add some corn flour and black pepper powder and coat the wedges nicely.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large kadhai. Deep-fry the wedges till they are crispy. Or you can bake them for 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Now, heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok and sauté finely chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies, and spring onion.
- Add in the chopped onions and capsicum and sauté for a few minutes on high flame. Now, add all the ingredients for the sauce one by one, stir quickly, and sauté for 20–30 seconds.
- Mix cornflour with water and add this slurry to the sauce. Stir it well and cook it till the raw smell of cornflour fades away.
- Turn off the flame, add 2 tbsp of honey, and mix well. Add the fried potato wedges and give them a gentle mix.
- Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions. The Honey Chilli Potatoes are ready to be served.
You can adjust the sweetness as per your taste.
The next recipe is when you don’t want to cook and just wish to sit and munch with your friends.
Spicy Honey Paneer Dip
This dip is healthy, tasty, easy, and quick to make. So many boxes have already been checked!
Let’s see what you will need to make Spicy Honey Paneer Dip.
For Spicy honey
To make Spicy Honey Paneer Dip, follow these cooking instructions.
- Take a blender jar and add paneer, feta cheese, garlic, jalapeño, mint, salt, pepper, cream, and lemon juice. Blend everything until you see a smooth, dip-like consistency. Add some cream if it looks too thick.
- Taste and make adjustments as per your preference.
- Now, heat olive oil in a small pan and then take it off the flame. Add Kashmiri Red chilli powder, black pepper, chilli flakes, and paprika. Mix everything. Then, add honey and mix it well.
- The final step is to take a big bowl and transfer the whipped paneer dip to it. Pour the spicy honey chilly tempering on the dip. Garnish it with some chopped mint.
- Serve this dip with your favourite nachos, crackers, tortilla chips, naan slices, or pita bread, and enjoy.
Is Spicy Honey Paneer Dip too mild for your palate? Try out the next recipe; it is loaded with flavours.
Honey Chilli Sauce
Honey Chilli Sauce has a zingy flavour that leaves you asking for more. This recipe is so simple and can be made in minutes. It complements all kinds of cuisine.
Let’s see what you will need to make Honey Chilli sauce:
(as per your taste)
To make Honey Chilli Sauce follow these instructions.
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Now refrigerate it for an hour. The flavours of chilli and lemon are infused with honey. The result is a runny, sweet, spicy, and sour dip.
You can serve this dip with french fries, spring rolls, momos, onion rings, onion pakoras/fritters, samosas, and other fritters.
After mouthwatering appetisers, it’s high time to look at some honey desserts.
Honey Desserts You Can’t Skip!
Honey desserts are loved all across the globe. Different types of honey have distinct flavours.
Let’s quickly learn about a few honey dessert recipes that are healthy and fulfilling.
Apple Honey Sabudana Pudding
Apple Honey Sabudana Pudding will become your go-to sweet dish once you have tasted it. It is nutritious and delicious, and honey makes it so much better with its golden hue and beautiful flavours.
To make Apple Honey Sabudana pudding you will need: peeled and sliced apples, honey, unsalted butter, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon powder, water, and Sabudana.
Follow these instructions to make Apple Honey Sabudana Pudding.
- In a heavy bottom pot, add butter, sliced apples, cinnamon powder, and lemon juice. Cover the lid, and cook it on a low flame until the apples are slightly tender.
- Then, take out the apples and let them cool.
- Add Sabudana and water to the pot and cook them. Keep it aside to cool down. Then, add apples and drizzle honey on top and mix everything gently.
- Serve the Apple Honey Sabudana Pudding slightly warm with some ice-cream on the sides.
Honey With Melons And Papaya Balls
Honey with Melons and Papaya is different from a regular sweet dish. It looks tempting and gives you the freshness you crave after a heavy meal.
Let’s see what you need to make honey with Melons and Papaya Balls.
Follow these instructions to make honey with Melons and Papaya balls.
- Scoop out small balls of Papaya and Melons, and transfer them to a bowl filled with chilled water for 10 minutes. Now, transfer the balls to a separate bowl.
- Make a dressing by mixing honey, ginger, lemon juice, and salt together.
- Now, pour the dressing over the Melons and Papaya balls and refrigerate them until served.
Take out the bowl, add some toothpicks or forks, and enjoy. This honey recipe is loved by all ages. So, do try it and let us know how it was for you.
FAQs: Honey recipes you should try!
What is the best way to cook with honey?
The best way to cook honey without destroying its nutrients is to cook it off the flame. Add honey to any recipe at the end, when the temperature is not too hot.
What can we eat with honey?
You can eat several foods with honey. Add it to your pancakes, smoothies, milkshakes, muesli, milk, ice cream, tea, bread, chapati, parathas, and more. Or you can cook with it and make delicious dips, salad dressings, pies, cakes, etc.
Is it OK to eat honey with milk?
Yes, it is absolutely fine to add honey to your chilled or warm cup of milk. However, avoid adding it to very hot milk, as heat destroys nutrients in honey.
Those were a few honey recipes you should try at least once in your life. Aren’t they fun and easy to prepare? You can whip up some healthy honey drinks, desserts, and snacks in a jiffy and enjoy all the health benefits of honey.
Remember, there’s no point in adding adulterated honey to your diet. It will do more harm than good! Only consume raw, wild, natural organic honey.
Check out Two Brothers Organic Farms Organic Natural Honey. They are organically certified, monofloral honey, which is more nutritious than regular honey. Explore Acacia, Mustard, Taramira, Indian Berry, Multifloral Honey, and Onion Flower Monofloral Honey. Buy them now!
Read more :