Are you looking to lose weight but find it hard to go on the diet that excludes atta ? There are many popular myths that say atta doesn’t help in weight loss. It’s time to break free of those and enjoy your chapatis guilt free.
Given so many options these days, choosing the right atta for weight loss is no less than a sheer challenge against those pesky pounds.
But don’t worry, because we are here to help you out.
Get ready to sift your way through the secrets of selecting the perfect atta - it’s time to separate the flaky myths from the glutenous facts!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Role of Atta in Weight loss (Myth vs Fact)
When it comes to weight loss, there are endless myths going around us. One such popular myth is that you can’t have carbohydrates if you want to lose weight. And, if you are someone who loves to indulge in your staple hot chapatis then and now - then it probably seems like the end of the world to you.
But, but, but - what if we tell you, you can eat your chapatis and still lose weight. It’s no joke!
As atta consists of bran and germ from the wheat grain, it is high in dietary fiber, especially insoluble fibers that adds bulk to your diet and increases satiety. And, what happens when you remain full for longer? You don’t crave junk food and snacks and can aid in weight management and calorie control.
As metabolism plays a major role in your weight loss journey, and atta has a lower glycemic index - your digestive health will also improve by providing sustainable energy release and preventing rapid spikes in the insulin levels.
When atta is consumed as a part of the balanced diet, it ensures that your body receives the necessary nutrients for overall health and calorie management.
3 Things to Keep in Mind When Choosing The Right Atta For Weight Loss
When it comes to making healthy choices for our diet, one important aspect to consider is the type of flower we use. Atta or whole wheat flour is a staple ingredient in various dishes, particularly bread and roti.
However, not all atta is created equal, and it's important to understand the key consideration for choosing the right after for your dietary needs. Here we will explore the important factors to consider, fiber content, glycemic index, and nutritional profile.
- One of the primary reasons atta is favored over refined flours is its high fiber content. Fiber plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy digestive system promoting regular bowel movements, and preventing constipation. Moreover, a high-fiber diet has been associated with a reduced risk of chronic diseases.
- When selecting atta, look for brands mentioning whole wheat or whole grain on the packaging. These varieties retain the bran and germ layers of wheat kernel rich in fiber and other beneficial nutrients. The higher the fiber content, the better it is for your overall help.
- The glycemic index (GI) measures how quickly carbohydrate-containing food raises blood sugar levels. Food with a high GI causes a rapid spike in blood sugar followed by a crash leading to cravings and feelings of hunger. On the other hand, foods with low GI release sugar slowly, providing suspended energy and promoting satiety.
- Choosing atta with a low glycemic index can be beneficial, especially for people with diabetes, those aiming to manage their weight or anyone concerned about blood sugar fluctuations. Whole wheat atta generally has a lower glycemic index than refined flowers, as fiber slows down the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates.
- However, it is worth noting that the exact GI value can vary depending on factors such as processing techniques and the specific variety of wheat used to ensure a low glycemic index. Opt for stone ground atta, like Two Brothers Khapli Atta uses traditional methods that preserve wheat's natural components.
- Besides fiber and glycemic index, it is crucial to consider the overall nutritional profile of the atta you choose. Whole wheat atta contains a range of essential nutrients, including B vitamins, minerals such as magnesium, zinc, iron and antioxidants.
- These nutrients are vital in supporting overall health and well-being, including energy production, proper brain function, immune system function and protection against oxidative stress. When comparing different atta brands, closely examine the nutrition label. Ensure that you choose an atta that naturally contains essential nutrients.
- Consider any specific dietary requirements or health conditions you have. For example, if you are following a gluten-free diet or allergic to it, you need to check whether the atta has a low gluten index.
5 Tips to Select The Right Atta for Your Daily Diet
Selecting the right atta is essential for maintaining a healthy and nutritious diet. With a variety of options available in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the best one. However, by considering a few tips can ensure you to make an informed decision. Here are some tips to help you select the right atta for your needs:
1.Look for “100% whole wheat” on the label
When purchasing atta make sure the label indicates “100% whole wheat.” This ensures that the flour is made entirely from the whole grain, including the bran, germ and endosperm. Whole wheat atta retains more fiber and nutrients compared to refined flours.
2.Check the fiber content per serving
High fiber content is a crucial aspect of a healthy diet. Look for atta that offers a good amount of dietary fiber per serving. Higher fiber content aids digestion, helps maintain a healthy weight and reduces the risk of chronic diseases.
3.Consider checking the ingredient list
Carefully examine the ingredient list of the atta package. It should ideally contain only whole wheat flour. Avoid products that include additives, preservatives, or other artificial ingredients. Keep an eye out for ingredients that may dilute the nutritional value of the atta.
4.Read reviews and check brand history
Before making a purchase, read customer reviews and consider the brand’s reputation. Look for brands that have a positive track record of delivering high-quality and genuine whole wheat atta like Two Brothers Khapli Atta. Customer feedback can provide valuable insights into the product’s taste, texture and overall quality.
5.Go through the nutritional information
Thoroughly read the nutritional information on the packaging. This will give you a clear idea of the atta’s calorie content, protein content, and other essential nutrients. Compare different brands to find one that offers a well-balanced nutritional profile.
How is Khapli Atta better than Atta and Maida for Weight Loss?
Khapli atta happens to be a healthier alternative compared to regular atta and maida as it offers a higher fiber content, better nutrients and a comparatively lower glycemic index - making it a convenient option for weight management.
1.High Fiber Content
Khapli atta typically has a higher fiber content as compared to the maida or regular atta. Due to its high fiber content, this atta promotes better digestion and increases satiety to promote better weight management. The better your metabolism is, the faster your weight loss will be.
2.Rich in Nutrients
When compared to any refined flour, Khapli atta happens to be rich in nutrients like B vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants because it is not processed rigorously and facilitates your weight loss goals without compromising on your overall health.
3.Lower Glycemic Index
There’s a comparatively lower glycemic index in Khapli than regular wheat atta and even maida. Foods with a lower glycemic index release glucose in the bloodstream slowly which prevents rapid spike in blood sugar levels - and, Khapli atta does the same. That’s the reason it helps to regulate your appetite, reducing sudden food cravings and promoting stable energy levels for faster weight loss. Read the 8 Benefits of Khapli Atta here.
FAQs - How to Choose the Right Atta for Weight Loss for Best Results?
Can we use multigrain atta for weight loss?
Yes, multigrain atta can be a suitable choice for weight loss as it typically includes a mix of grains, providing a variety of nutrients and fiber that contribute to a feeling of fullness and support weight management.
Which atta is best for weight loss?
Because of its high fiber content and nutritional profile, whole wheat atta and multigrain atta are frequently recommended for weight loss. These solutions can help you maintain a healthy diet and increase satiety.
What are the different types of atta available?
There are various types of atta available, including whole wheat atta, multigrain atta, bajra atta, and more. Each type has its unique nutritional composition and benefits.
Which is best low calorie atta?
Whole Wheat Flour is a commonly chosen low-calorie atta.
Takeaway - Choosing the right atta for weight loss
Choosing between the right atta and wrong atta is no easy feat and that makes all the difference in your weight loss journey. While regular atta can benefit you, Khapli atta can double those benefits - all thanks to its high fiber content, lower glycemic index and power packed nutrition. So, if you are seeking a flour that is both delicious and super charged for weight loss, Khapli atta is your ultimate sidekick!