Thandai Recipe: A Perfect Drink To Cool Off In Summers!
Indian iced tea, or shardai, is made with almonds, watermelon seeds, rose petals, pepper, vetiver seeds, cardamom, and saffron along with milk and sugar. Thandai is also known as shardai. In India, it is associated with the Maha Shivaratri holiday and the Holla mahalla or Holi celebration. This thandai is mainly consumed by people in the north-western Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Many other types of thandai are available, including badam (almond) and bhaang (cannabis) thandai.
Health Benefits Of Thandai
Energy And Immunity Booster
The abundance of natural elements in thandai throughout the summer months protects your body against the heat and the illnesses that accompany it. The hot, humid summer heat may quickly wear you down, resulting in tiredness and dehydration. One of the many health benefits of thandai is that it provides a potent natural energy source.
Offers Cooling Effect In The Body
The antidepressant ingredients of the Thandai will help you to keep your body cool in the hot summer days. The major ingredients of the Thandai will keep your body cool from within.
A Fighter Against Infection
Due to thandai's advantages, it is like a magic potion that can cure a wide range of illnesses. It all stems from the fact that this beverage is crafted from the finest natural ingredients. You can use cardamom to treat a wide range of digestive issues such as nausea and acid reflux. One of the other ingredients in Thandai, saffron, has been shown to help alleviate symptoms such as flatulence and hair loss. In addition, it lowers blood pressure and enhances vision. This drink's combination of dry fruits and spices is excellent for boosting our immunity and facilitating the body's detoxification process.
Encourages Body Detoxification
With its detoxifying properties, cardamom in Thandai is a must-have in the summer months because of all the wonderful health advantages it provides. It removes toxins and kills germs that can cause infection in the body. In the event that one is feeling sick, it is a good idea to ingest it. As a natural anti-inflammatory and cancer-fighting agent, cardamom is a valuable addition to any diet. This potent herb is also capable of preventing cavities and eliminating harmful germs from our mouths, making it effective in eradicating any type of infection.
Helps In Digestion
Adding fennel seeds (saunf) to Thandai helps with flatulence, but it also improves the digestive system as a whole. In the summer, thandai's health benefits can be heightened by serving it with fennel seeds, poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds, watermelon seeds, cashew, and even khus-khus. Together, they're a potent duo that keeps digestive issues at bay in spades. The stomach is commonly thought to be the source of most human diseases. Your entire body benefits from good health when you have a healthy digestive tract.
What Do You Need For This Thandai Recipe?
1 tablespoon dry grapes(raisins)
1 teaspoon peppercorns
2 dates (wet)
2 cardamom with pods
1 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf/badishepi)
Gulkand or Rose Petal Jam
Milk, Water, and Half-n-Half
Procedure For Preparing Thandai Masala
If you're looking to refresh your mind with Thandai, here are the simple steps you need to follow to prepare the Thandai masala powder first.
- Take the above ingredients in the desired quantity. Be sure you purchase everything fresh to make the drink more refreshing.
- Your next step is to use the cardamom as a whole or you can peel it to remove the seeds.
- Take a jar and add fennel seeds, cardamom seeds and black peppercorns to it. You can use either a mixer grinder or a blender for mixing the ingredients.
- Grind the ingredients in the jar until you get a smooth and fine powder.
- Now, you can put the other ingredients like cashew nuts, almonds, poppy seeds, melon needs, etc in the same jar.
- Grind all the ingredients until you get a smooth powder.
- Once you get a fine powder, you can transfer it into a container or a bowl.
- Take the fresh rose petals and crush them. Add those crushes rose petals into the masala.
- Mix everything well and your Thandai masala is ready.
Can You Store Thandai Masala In The Refrigerator?
Yes, you can store your Thandai masala in the refrigerator. Be sure you choose an airtight container to store the prepared masala. Do not store the Thandai masala for more than 2 or 3 months.
How To Make A Thandai Recipe?
Now that you've prepared your Thandai masala, it's time to make a Thandai drink.
- Boil 2 cups of milk over medium flame using a deep pan. You can add saffron strands to enhance the taste of your thandai.
- When the milk starts boiling, be sure you reduce the flame from medium to low. Then, you can add sugar as per your taste or just ½ tbs.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of prepared Thandai masala to the boiled milk.
- Keep mixing the masala in the boiled milk to avoid the lump formation. Cook it for at least 3-4 minutes.
- After cooking, you can turn off the flame. Let the mixture cool to room temperature before moving to the next step.
- Once it attains a normal temperature, you can transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Sieve the mixture with the help of a strainer to remove the residues. Pour the drink into the glass and enjoy your drink.
The traditional beverage is one of the best ways to enjoy your day and keep your body cool. The refreshing and nutritious drink will help you to unwind your stress and feel better in the hot summer. If you wish to purchase ready made thandai, look no further than Two Brothers Organic Farms. We offer high-quality and fresh organic thandai powder made with 100% natural ingredients. You can add the ready-to-use masala to your cold milk to enjoy the refreshing drink instantly.