You won't be able to stop drinking Sattu Drink or Sharbat this summer; it is a delicious Indian beverage made with roasted gram powder, iced water, and additional Indian spices. It's easy to make.
Scroll down and know more about how to make sattu drink?
What is Sattu/Organic Sattu Atta?
Roasted Chickpeas, Bengal Grams, or both can be used to make Sattu. It's a staple throughout India and the rest of South Asia. There you are! Despite its humble appearance, sattu is a nutritional powerhouse.
It has been used by Indians for millennia to create a vast variety of regional cuisines in the most innovative ways possible. Making sattu beverages or sharbat is one method to include Organic Sattu Atta into your diet in a unique way.
Why Sattu Drink will be a hit with you
- It's high in protein.
- High in dietary fiber, which is beneficial for those who suffer from gastrointestinal problems.
- High fiber, low GI.
- Summertime refreshment in the form of a tangy, salty beverage.
- A fantastic source of energy.
- In the sweltering heat of summer, it keeps you hydrated.
Health Benefits of Sattu Sharbat
- Energizing source of power.
- Skin looks radiant as a result of using it.
- Aids in the breakdown of food.
- Maintain a healthy blood glucose level.
- Maintains a healthy level of hydration.
During India's scorching summers, Sattu is the appropriate food for nourishing the human body. In addition to providing an immediate energy boost, it also helps to keep you safe from heat strokes.
Sattu sharbat is a morning pick-me-up for many farmers in India who spend long hours in the fields.
Alternatively, sattu drink might be thought of as a low-steroid protein shake from the Indian subcontinent. Why? The longer you eat, the better your digestion is, and the more energy you have.
We are talking about Salty Sattu Sharbat here.
We are a big supporter of local and regional brews. Why? They include no preservatives, colorants, or carbon dioxide.
These dishes are made using the greatest seasonal ingredients, making them ideal for our diet. Plus, it has a delicious flavor as an additional plus. The sattu sharbat recipe will quickly become a go-to drink for hot summer days.
Sattu drink, like many regional summer coolers, offers a wide range of therapeutic and nutritional properties. This summer, we're relying on home remedies like sattu sharbat to keep us cool.
Sattu Sharbat may be made in a matter of minutes. Prepared sweet or savory, it's versatile. We want our sharbat to be savory with a dash of spice to enhance the flavor.
Organic Sattu Atta may be used to make everything from parathas, kachoris, ladoos, to smoothies. The packed sattu paratha is a popular choice for folks who prefer parathas for breakfast in UP and Bihar. We love the sattu paratha as much as we love the drink.
How To Make Sattu Drink?
Here is my 5-minute Sattu Drink or Sattu ka namkeen sharbat recipe:
Makes two glasses of Sattu Drink
- 2 tablespoons sattu or roasted ground cumin
- 1 and a half cups of ice water
- 12 tsp. cumin powder, toasted
- One half teaspoon of black salt
- 14 tsp. of salt
- a quarter cup of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. finely minced onion
- A finely sliced green chili (optional)
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped cilantro and mint.
- Ice cubes can be added as an option.
The Sattu Drink Recipe
- Gather up half a cup of sattu. Add cumin powder, salt, and half a cup of water to the mixture.
- Make sure there are no lumps by using a whisk or fork to stir well.
- To make the drink more drinkable, add the remaining liquid. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to the mix.
- Adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Mint leaves and cilantro (coriander leaves) can be used to decorate the dish. Serve right away.
- It is now time to offer your sattu drink, also known as the sattu ka sharbat. Enjoy! The namkeen-sharbat of Sattu
- You have complete control over the consistency of this beverage. Greater sattu in your drink means more nutrients, of course.
- Onion and green chili can be omitted if you like. However, this is an all-in-one summertime beverage.
- If you choose, you can add ice cubes to your drink.
What is the difference between sattu and besan?
Sattu and besan are not interchangeable terms. Sattu is a coarse-grained flour made from roasted gramme or black chickpeas and other grains.
Besan is a raw gram flour that has a fine texture and is commonly used in Indian cuisine.
Is sattu good for weight loss?
Even though Sattu is high in protein, its protein profile isn't comprehensive. 100 grams of Bihari sattu contains a lot of carbohydrates. Maintaining caloric intake is essential while trying to shed pounds.
Consuming sattu while attempting to lose weight might have an impact on your diet. So, if you're on a diet and drinking sattu, be sure to modify your carbohydrate macros appropriately.
How to make sweet sattu drinks?
You'll need some powdered jaggery and iced water to produce the sweet sharbat. Using cooled water, combine the jaggery powder and the sattu, and then blend until the mixture is smooth.
As the drink has a gritty texture, some people like to filter it before drinking it. Continue to mix and sip your beverage.
A traditional Indian beverage, Sattu Sharbat contains the health-promoting properties of status flour (roasted Bengal Gram flour). This flavorful sattu beverage is a summertime favorite all around the world. Traditionally, sattu is an Indian native drink that may enhance energy levels and assist keep the body cool in the hot weather. In the northern provinces of Bihar, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, and Jharkhand (where the temperature may exceed 45 degrees Celsius), sattu is a natural energy booster drink that is most commonly drunk.
Two Brothers Organic Farm Sattu energy booster is one of the top herbal energy drink powders and it is a good source of protein and other nutrients. Using this sattu powder helps enhance the digestive system while also promoting healthy skin, as it is all-natural.